Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cuddle Bug

It's amazing how I have come to dread showers. I used to love them, but now they are just another thing on my to do list. It's not because they are work, but because C hates it when I take them. If I put her in her pack n play she cries, if I put her in the walker in the bathroom with me she cries. I hate taking a shower being rushed because she's crying. I hate that it makes her cry, I don't like it if she cries and there is something I can do about it. But at some point a women needs a shower!

Lets face it if I hadn't taken a shower we would all be worse off. I'm sure the stench of unbathed mom is not one more thing people need to look forward to when they see me. It needed done I was going on far too many days without a shower.

So, I put her in her crib. I loaded it with fun safe toys and left her in there talking and playing away. I brought the monitor with me and I took a shower. The thing with our monitor is that it's not working right now, it makes sound, but it sounds like it is on the lowest volume setting instead of the highest. It worked out because then when she was just whining I wouldn't hear too much, but then she started full blown crying. Luckily for me I was just about done, so I hurried up and headed out to get her.

When I got to her room and picked her up she gave me the biggest hug. She just laid down on me happy to have her mommy. It made my heart soar. It was worth the few tears I had to hear that made my heart sad. It was the happiest thing to happen to me all day! I loved it.

Does that make me a bad mom? Ha ha ha! I don't think so. It makes me a happy women to be loved. I love that she can show me love. I love the innocence of her love. I love that instead of being mad at me for leaving her in her crib to shower she was happy that I came back. Thanks sweet baby for being so sweet and making mommy happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment