Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baby Laughter

I love baby laughter. I think next to the sound of her heart beat on the ultrasound for the first time it is my absolute favorite sound she makes. It doesn't matter how I am feeling as soon as I hear her laughter I'm so happy.

Today she was full of laughter. For some reason she thought it was hilarious if I rubbed my nose against hers and said "meow." She would laugh and laugh and laugh. It made me giddy and I laughed and laughed and laughed. I can't imagine what the neighbors must of thought looking through the big window at the front (which I was standing in front of.) There I was dancing around the room face to face with my baby laughing like a little kid and every once in a while letting out a loud high pitched "meow." I can only imagine what they were thinking.

She also thought it was hilarious when I would put the spoon (which we had been using to share my frozen cherry limeade hehe) up to my forehead and made a noise. Then I would put it on her forehead and she would laugh so hard. When that got old I used it to tickle her under her arms. Again I'm sure the neighbors were thinking I looked like a crazy, but it was so worth it.

The sound of baby laughter is the sound of innocence and beauty. It's a sound people are to soon to forget. I love that something so small can make such an impact. I don't think that a single person could be around a beautiful joyful baby and not be filled with joy. I hope that I am smart enough to remember these times when I am older and further from innocence. May the world never lose sight of the wonders, joys, and innocence of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment